The Diamondback Bicycles Catch 1 27.5 Plus Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle is a member of DB’s new generation of serious trail performer. The bike combines Diamondback’s new Level Link Suspension with the 27.5 Plus wheel standard, and the result is astounding.
Running almost three-inch wide tires set at low pressure, the DiamondBack Catch 1.0 serves up the grip that can only be called voracious, more than has ever been conceivable with traditional tires.
The real game-changer could very well be Level Link. This is Diamondback’s patent-pending short-bar four-link suspension platform, and it’s designed to isolate horizontal pedaling forces and control chain growth for increased pedaling efficiency.
Take the Full Suspension DiamondBack Catch 1.0 Bike and roll some single-track, gas it out of tight corners: You can discover right away how fully responsive this suspension is.
The bump compliance is excellent, soaking up small and large hits. Take on a climb, and you can feel how the rear wheel stays planted for the kind of grip you wish to have on long fire roads and punchy technical sections.
In short, the DiamondBack Catch 1.0 Mountain Bike, thanks to the level link, climbs like a cross-country machine without compromising its ability to attack the most aggressive lines. That’s a large number of performances in one trail bike.
But let’s not disregard the other reasons Diamondback makes such great bikes. The hydro-formed alloy frame features formed tubes for durability and lightweight, whilst the geometry also reflects the adventurous focus of the bike, with a just-slack-enough front end, a Fox Float 34 27.5 fork, and the Level Link rear configuration.
The 130mm of the trip, front, and rear works with the high-volume tires to deliver traction far and wide: on soft surfaces, loose dirt, technical rocks, and roots, really anywhere making a decision to explore. That’s the wonderful thing about the DiamondBack Mountain Bike Catch 1.0.
Specifications of DiamondBack Mountain Bike Catch 1.0
- An SRAM 2×10-speed drivetrain with SRAM GX shifters smoothly and crisply lets you choose the right gear for the terrain ahead, whilst DB3 hydraulic brakes, with 180mm rotors
- Diamondback hydroformed alloy frame with Level Link Suspension and Fox Float 34 fork.
- SRAM GX Type2.1, 10-Speed drivetrain with GX shifters deliver unmatched shifting performance and dependability.
- Diamondback Blanchard 32R, Tubeless Compatible wheelset, and SRAM DB3 hydraulic disc brakes provide a solid riding experience.
- DB4L “Lock-on” 135mm Kraton grips and WTB Volt Comp saddle keep you in touch and control